I Can’t Change.
I have a huge problem when people can’t change.
They know they should. They see the benefits of making a change, but they just don’t make the effort to ,”Change”.
I am sorry but our lives are all about change.
We are in constant flux and change because that is what life is all about.
You have grown, aged, and changed just by being alive.
You want to change, you need to change, so change.
Change is all about taking a step, maybe just a tiny step to make the difference and change.
You know what needs to change in your life. Take that step to begin to change.
Do it today.
That relationship, that habit, that condition needs to change.
It’s in your power to change.
- Set a goal for change.
- Get a picture in your mind of what that change can and should be.
- Write things down.Be specific.
- Make a list of steps to get where you want to go/be.
- Tell some one who can help with the change.
- Shout it from the mountain top if you have to. Sounds funny but it works.
- Get the support you need.
- Find a group can support your change. Check on line, Check in your local directory.
- See a counselor or other professional to help guide you.
- Partner up with someone who is changing to. Support each other.
- Take a tiny step toward change. then take another.
- Don’t be afraid to fail. There will be bumps in the road expect them.
- When you fall, get back up and keep at it.
- Don’t let people talk you out of changing. Get away from them if it becomes a real problem.
- Make new friends that will support you.
- Reward yourself for making and keeping the change.
- Understand it might not be easy. Change takes work. Be ready to do the work.
- Understand and know that change is a good thing. You are doing good by making the change.
You can change.
So much of “I can’t change”, is really “I won’t change”.
If you are satisfied with the way things are then great. Don’t change.
But if you know things could be a whole lot better, then do what needs to be done, to make change happen.
Frank J Walker LMFT
1617 Main Street
Cambria, Ca. 93428
Frank’s books are available @